14 September 2009

Kladdkaka - Swedish Chocolate Cake


I first experienced the delicious chocolaty Swedish dessert Kladdkaka when I stayed at a friends place on the beautiful little island of Visingsö in lake Vättern in Sweden.

Visingsö on a beautiful wintery day

Luckily, I have been given permission to use the recipe so I am posting it here for you all to enjoy. It is currently written of a little piece of paper and stuck into my Ikea cookbook, so it is probably good I am posting it here so I don't end up loosing it one day.

This cake is quite dense, thin, moist and a little sticky, not to mention very delicious and very simple to make.

You will need:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • A pinch of salt
  • 115g butter (melted)
  • 40g coco
  • 265 g sugar (about 1 and 1/3 cups)
  • Half a cup of plain flour
Preheat the over to 180 degrees celsius and butter the sides of a round pan. Mine is about 20cm.

Whisk the eggs then add in the sifted flour, salt and vanilla essence.

Melt the butter and then add the coco and sugar to it. Combine the two bowls of mixture together and then place into the pan and then into the oven.

Cook for about 25 - 30 mins. Remember the cake is supposed to be a bit sticky so be careful not to overcook it.

Serve with some cream and berries and enjoy!

Share:

2 comments

  1. It looks absolutely magical there and the dessert looks yummy! I may well have to try and make this!

    I love your blog too, it is stunning!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Pink Milk Sugar Stars!

    This is really such a delicious dessert - I know it looks a little unexciting but considering it is almost pure sugar, you can't really go wrong ;)

    Looking forward to seeing you around here more often.

    I am hoping tonight to make another Swedish dessert called ostkaka, well a Swedish version of cheese cake - we will see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete

© Dreaming of Winter | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig